BARE BODKIN.

befuddlement, bewilderment, bemusement, b+ average

Sunday, December 11, 2005

Monk.

What a charming monk.

I'll remind you of an encounter with a monk that I had many months ago.

Today at the very same location, I was approached by a different man. "Excuse me," he said, "Are you coming from that direction?" He pointed down the street. I replied in the affirmative. "Well then you're qualified!" I laughed; he won me over. He was just asking for donations to feed someone or something, and even had a monk ID card. Coincidentally, my pockets were filled with jingling change because I was trying to shed a few pounds of coins that I had accumulated, and had no use for. I didn't really want to plop a pile of forty 5 pence coins down at the counter of Starbucks, so it all really worked out, didn't't?

So goodbye England.

1 Comments:

  • At 12/11/2005 6:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Your adventure is coming to an end. You've made us proud, going off to a foreign land and experiencing new cultures. Very anti-Orin like to wander about. See you soon.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home