BARE BODKIN.

befuddlement, bewilderment, bemusement, b+ average

Sunday, December 04, 2005

Miniatures

My gosh.
I found a digital midget village.

Actually, Mickey from Seinfeld, otherwise known as Danny Woodburn, once said something about how 'midget' is not the preferred term, too sideshow attractiony, yada yada yada, and I'll honor Mickey's request.

I found the digital equivalent of a lil' people village. I know, you might be turned off by the fact that 'digital' means I didn't actually find anything, but hear me out. I was wasting time on Myspace.com, which is of course one of those social networking sites where you look at pictures of people you've never met and befriend thirteen year olds; the front page provides a few random links to random people. Always a source of unfounded interest. I clicked on some lady, who had a particularly dry profile, but I noticed that all her friends were... small. She herself was not. Upon clicking the dwarfen links to the minifriends, I found that all of these people had mostly all-dwarf friends. This was a thrilling revelation to me. I had found a social network of mini people. I've always wondered how little people meet other little people, and now I know: they use myspace.

Is it terrible of me to be fascinated by a group of people based solely on their physical characteristics? Of course it is, but I've always wanted a little friend. Is that so wrong? I think I'll send them a message that says "HEY U LLOOK REAL SHORT U WANT 2B FREINDS IM A GOOD PERSON?? OK THNAKS BYE" and then we'll all be very happy.

I've recently been referring to myspace more than I'd like, but I blame other people, as these other people have been communicating with me through that website for some reason, in recent weeks.

3 Comments:

  • At 12/05/2005 1:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You know the Greek billionaire Athina Roussel Onassis married a Brazilian Olympic equestrian Saturday night in a palm-tree lined estate, celebrating with more than 1,000 bottles of champagne. She is only 20 years old, why didn't you meet here at MySpace.com or at Stanford?

     
  • At 12/05/2005 1:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    or,...
    She is only 20 years old, why didn't you meet her at MySpace.com or at Stanford?

    problem with being anonymous you cannot fix your errors.....

     
  • At 12/05/2005 12:36 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    you're not quite anonymous, sparky

     

Post a Comment

<< Home