BARE BODKIN.

befuddlement, bewilderment, bemusement, b+ average

Thursday, November 17, 2005

Muppet hides and slobs

Occasionally, I see women wearing scarves, or coats, or boots, that looked to be fashioned from muppet hides, and I wonder.

I think the difference in the way men and women dress themselves is fascinating. I'd say the majority of men are far less concerned with the aesthetics of their clothing; I suppose that goes without saying. It seems that men can more easily convince themselves that they look good, even if they don't. A dude, failing to find something more appropriate, will wrap himself in a welcome mat, tie an extension cord around for a belt, throw on his shades, and wander out into the street with the unjustified confidence and false gravitas of a senile lion. (And this is a tired, cliché subject, among observational subjects, but that's never stopped me before!). A woman, to be accurately stereotypical, will carefully select an outfit, try it on, try it off, adjust the color coordination, model in front of a full length mirror, etcetera etcetera, and still feel doubly unsatisfied with the available shades of azure. I really don't know why this gender division exists (and I also don't mean to suggest that everyone easily falls into my welcome-mat/azure-coordinated descriptions). Maybe some men should wisen up, maybe some women should wisen down, maybe I should occupy my thoughts with more pertinent matters; but I do commend our XX-chromosomed overlords for their matching accessories. We appreciate the effort.

pano_cclibrary2a pano1a IMGP1802a IMGP1801a

Oh just look at them all, you know you want to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home