BARE BODKIN.

befuddlement, bewilderment, bemusement, b+ average

Monday, October 31, 2005

Ain't Enough Pumpkins

I've a habit of reading ghost stories, written by people who believe in the veracity of their tales and experiences. But I've never been able to understand the psychology of ghosts themselves.

It seems to be very common, among ghosts, to turn the water faucets on, FULL BLAST! Personally, if I was trying to communicate from beyond the grave, I think I'd find more effective methods than sink manipulation. Maybe they just think we're really afraid of wasting water, I don't know.

Ghosts also stomp and clomp around. They're a heavy-footed lot.

Then, of course, they also like kitchens. They like to swing cabinet doors around at night, often slamming them. TAKE THAT YOU USURPERS OF MAH PROPERTY! OOGA BOOGA! Yeah man, don't take your anger out on the kitchenware. Watch the Cuisinart, those ain't cheap. Ghosts just really enjoy slamming stuff around. But I guess if I was an invisible entity, I'd mess with people's kitchens too. You'd think that once in a while, there'd be a friendly kitchen-ghost who readies a nice cup of tea for you, but noooo, they're much more concerned with testing the durability of your new Home Depot cabinet purchase.

They just need to learn some manners, really.

Yeah, this post is an obviously desperate attempt at avoiding schoolwork.

I was going to commemorate this Hallow's Eve by wandering over to the wonderfully aged cemetary down the road and, I don't know, stumbling around in the dark, but 1) if the British have any understanding of the true spirit of Halloween, and they don't, there would already be drunken kids over there, curbing my sobre/macabre inclinations, and 2) I'm about 72 hours behind schedule, academixly speaking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home