BARE BODKIN.

befuddlement, bewilderment, bemusement, b+ average

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Hampton Court Palace

Went to Henry Eight's digs today. Word. The last of my paid-for Bing adventures, I think, besides Stratford. Totally opulent, of course. Absolutely astounding wall paintings. I can't remember the term, but some ceilings were painted as to look like the architectural features depicted were actually there, 3Dish. That's a terrible description of fantastic artwork. The chapel was also stunning. No photography allowed, dearies. Countless huge wall tapestries too, if that's your thing.

To quote King Henry VIII, "Build me a palace in my image. It shall resembleth a large fat man covered in gold, and shall hold within many GLORIOUS gift shops for the visiting peoples. Include a hedge maze to fucketh with the peoples."

Oh Henry.

IMGP1042a

2 Comments:

  • At 10/05/2005 12:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I loved the way the trees in the backyard of the palace were trimmed, they look like giant mushrooms.

     
  • At 10/05/2005 4:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    very nice, andrew. sign me up. your blog is excellent and at least just a little better than mine.
    -JL

     

Post a Comment

<< Home